Soroptimists International [SI] is a community service organisation and a local club is being established in Gippsland. SI is a world-wide organisation for women in management and the professions, working through service projects to advance the status of women and girls. There are 13,000 Clubs in 126 countries and 14 Clubs in Victoria.
Our Program focus goals are to ensure women and girls
- enjoy equity and equality
- live in safe and healthy environments
- have access to education
- have leadership and practical skills.
Membership offers many opportunities to
- participate in Community Service work in Australia and overseas
- have the opportunity to become aware of issues of concern and advocate on behalf of those affected
- interact with women from different spheres of life
- meet other women and make new friends at home and abroad
- transfer membership if relocated, and
- continue membership after retirement.
Often members state that fitting S I into their already busy lives is very worth while, as they meet like-minded women and can give something back to their communities.
SI has benefitted Boolarra already and would like to find other service projects that we can undertake in Boolarra and other parts of Gippsland. The Boolarra Netball Club has received a 3 year sponsorship from SI Bushfire Relief. They have received funding for uniforms, first aid kits and a trip to Melbourne.
Boolarra’s animals were remembered in a service funded by the SI Bushfire Relief. The Memorial Stone is located near the entrance to the Rail Trail
We invite you to our meetings on Wednesdays 16th March 6.00pm, 20th April 6.00pm and 25th May 5.30pm 2011, at Traralgon Neighbourhood Centre, 11-13 Breed Street, Traralgon. Refreshments are provided.
I do hope you will be able to attend the meetings- doing so does not mean you have committed to membership. That is a decision to be made after learning more about our organisation and our project work.
Please contact Samantha Brick (0427 824 722) for more information.